Integrated Manufacturing Systems Engineering Institute
What is Integrated Manufacturing Systems Engineering?
The Master of Integrated Manufacturing Systems Engineering degree equips you with the knowledge to solve complex manufacturing problems across diverse industries. In today’s complex technical world, our graduates can obtain an integrated skillset at the intersection of technology, design, and business. Whether on the shop floor or the board room, Integrated Manufacturing Systems Engineering graduates are well equipped to be top performers.
- Provide multi-disciplinary graduate education and practical training opportunities in the theory and practice of integrated manufacturing systems engineering at the master’s degree level.
- Bring university and industry expertise and interests together to conduct basic and applied research leading to the development of advanced modern manufacturing systems technology.
- Advance the application of modern manufacturing technology through interactive technology transfer between university research and industrial applications.
Why Enroll in the IMSE Program?
- The IMSE program prepares you to step into various roles and succeed, such as project management, product design, data science, etc. The program will transform your professional journey by enhancing your skill sets, allowing you to lead with innovation and impact projects and organization through insight. All of which will help you become a better leader and manager.
- Take only the courses you are interested in to prepare you for your chosen career path. IMSE programs have no breadth course requirements; we stay flexible to your wants and needs regarding courses; for example, many students have found that taking several MBA courses is beneficial to their goals. IMSE programs prepare you for various industries. Allowing you to design your own path so you are better prepared to meet your career goals and the needs of industry.
- Our 6-8 month co-op/internship program allows you to take the theoretical knowledge gained through courses and apply it to real-world problems at many of the top companies in the country, such as Tesla, GKN, Amazon, and Apple. Nearly all co-op/internships are paid employment with an average wage of $29 per hour and a housing allowance. The experiences gained in your co-op/internship are often key to obtaining full-time employment upon graduation.
- Compared to similar programs at NC State and around the US, the IMSE program is affordable. Other similar programs have implemented a premium tuition charge, but IMSE has not. Students in the IMSE program can often take the exact course that those paying the premium tuition take at NC State University.
In the Spotlight
The purpose of an internship/co-op is to provide you with the opportunity to gain practical experience in solving engineering problems of relevance. Internships are obtained in various industries with numerous industry partners.
Additionally, on average graduates in the MIMSE program obtain full-time employment within three months of graduation. They receive an average salary of 70 – 80K in similar industries.
IMSEI Invites YOU to Volunteer!
Volunteering time – your most valuable resource – allows you to make a difference in someone’s life. You can give back to your IMSEI community, help a program that helped you, and improve the education of future IMSEI students. Besides, it just feels good to volunteer!
So, what is stopping you? We know you may have questions, so we made a FAQ to address your concerns.
Donations help IMSEI evolve and keep pace with the latest technology. It gives our students the skills and sense of responsibility they need to make a difference in the world. Consider supporting the department today.
Integrated Manufacturing Systems Engineering Degrees
- Master in Integrated Manufacturing Systems Engineering (MIMSE)
- Master in Integrated Manufacturing Systems Engineering (MIMISE) ONLINE
Integrated Manufacturing Systems Engineering Minors
Alumni Resources Program
Partnering with the ISE Department, IMSEI has launched our Alumni Resources Program. The mission of our program is to provide you, our alumni, with resources that will benefit you throughout your career. These resources include:
- ISE, OR and IMSEI Alumni LinkedIn Group (1250+ members)
- NC State Online Library Access
- ISE, OR and IMSEI Job Board
- Online Certifications and Professional Learning
Whether you are looking to gain a competitive edge in your career or are interested in networking with ISE, OR and IMSEI alumni faculty and students, the Alumni Engagement Program can help.
Fitts-Woolard Hall is the NEW Home of IMSEI
The passage of Connect NC in March 2016, brings us closer to putting our faculty, staff, and students together with top businesses and government agencies on Centennial Campus which serves as a model for the ideal 21st-century research campus. Fitts-Woolard Hall will be the fourth academic engineering building on Centennial Campus. It will sit between the Hunt Library and Engineering Building I.
- It will measure 227,000 square feet
- It will house more than 100 classrooms and state of the art laboratories
- The estimated cost is $154 million